- 1. clout, target, mark
- usage: a target used in archery
- 2. pull, clout, advantage, vantage
- usage: special advantage or influence; "the chairman's nephew has a lot of pull"
- 3. clout nail, clout, nail
- usage: a short nail with a flat head; used to attach sheet metal to wood
- 4. punch, clout, poke, lick, biff, slug, blow
- usage: (boxing) a blow with the fist; "I gave him a clout on his nose"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clout, strike
- usage: strike hard, especially with the fist; "He clouted his attacker"
All rights reserved.
See also: clout (Dictionary)