Synonyms of close up
- 1. closeup, photograph, photo, exposure, picture, pic
- usage: a photograph taken at close range
- 1. close up, close, fold, shut down, close down
- usage: cease to operate or cause to cease operating; "The owners decided to move and to close the factory"; "My business closes every night at 8 P.M."; "close up the shop"
- 2. obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up, impede, hinder
- usage: block passage through; "obstruct the path"
- 3. close up, close, join, bring together
- usage: unite or bring into contact or bring together the edges of; "close the circuit"; "close a wound"; "close a book"; "close up an umbrella"
- 4. close up, clam up, dummy up, shut up, belt up, button up, be quiet, keep mum
- usage: refuse to talk or stop talking; fall silent; "The children shut up when their father approached"
- 1. close up, at close range
- usage: very close; "without my reading glasses I can hardly see things close up"; "even firing at close range he missed"
All rights reserved.