- 1. religious residence, cloister, residence
- usage: residence that is a place of religious seclusion (such as a monastery)
- 2. cloister, court, courtyard
- usage: a courtyard with covered walks (as in religious institutions)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cloister, surround, environ, ring, skirt, border
- usage: surround with a cloister, as of a garden
- 2. cloister, surround, environ, ring, skirt, border
- usage: surround with a cloister; "cloister the garden"
- 3. cloister, isolate, insulate
- usage: seclude from the world in or as if in a cloister; "She cloistered herself in the office"
All rights reserved.
See also: cloister (Dictionary)