Synonyms of clogging
- 1. clog, choke off, clog up, back up, congest, choke, foul, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: become or cause to become obstructed; "The leaves clog our drains in the Fall"; "The water pipe is backed up"
- 2. clog, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance a clog dance
- 3. clog, restrain, encumber, cumber, constrain
- usage: impede the motion of, as with a chain or a burden; "horses were clogged until they were tamed"
- 4. clog, constipate, slow, slow down, slow up
- usage: impede with a clog or as if with a clog; "The market is being clogged by these operations"; "My mind is constipated today"
- 5. clog, clot, coalesce
- usage: coalesce or unite in a mass; "Blood clots"
- 6. clog, overload, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill to excess so that function is impaired; "Fear clogged her mind"; "The story was clogged with too many details"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clogging, hindering, impeding, obstructive, preventive (vs. permissive), preventative
- usage: preventing movement; "the clogging crowds of revelers overflowing into the street"
All rights reserved.