Synonyms of clogged
- 1. clog, choke off, clog up, back up, congest, choke, foul, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: become or cause to become obstructed; "The leaves clog our drains in the Fall"; "The water pipe is backed up"
- 2. clog, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance a clog dance
- 3. clog, restrain, encumber, cumber, constrain
- usage: impede the motion of, as with a chain or a burden; "horses were clogged until they were tamed"
- 4. clog, constipate, slow, slow down, slow up
- usage: impede with a clog or as if with a clog; "The market is being clogged by these operations"; "My mind is constipated today"
- 5. clog, clot, coalesce
- usage: coalesce or unite in a mass; "Blood clots"
- 6. clog, overload, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill to excess so that function is impaired; "Fear clogged her mind"; "The story was clogged with too many details"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clogged, clotted, thick (vs. thin)
- usage: thickened or coalesced in soft thick lumps (such as clogs or clots); "clotted blood"; "seeds clogged together"
- 2. choked, clogged, obstructed (vs. unobstructed)
- usage: stopped up; clogged up; "clogged pipes"; "clogged up freeways"; "streets choked with traffic"
- 3. clogged, encumbered (vs. unencumbered)
- usage: loaded with something that hinders motion; "The wings of birds were clogged with ice and snow"-Dryden
All rights reserved.