- 1. cling, clingstone, edible fruit
- usage: fruit (especially peach) whose flesh adheres strongly to the pit
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cling, cleave, adhere, stick, cohere, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation; "The dress clings to her body"; "The label stuck to the box"; "The sushi rice grains cohere"
- 2. cling
- usage: to remain emotionally or intellectually attached; "He clings to the idea that she might still love him."
- 3. cling, hang, grasp, hold on
- usage: hold on tightly or tenaciously; "hang on to your father's hands"; "The child clung to his mother's apron"
All rights reserved.
See also: cling (Dictionary)