Synonyms of climax
- 1. climax, flood tide, juncture, occasion
- usage: the highest point of anything conceived of as growing or developing or unfolding; "the climax of the artist's career"; "in the flood tide of his success"
- 2. climax, culmination, moment, minute, second, instant
- usage: the decisive moment in a novel or play; "the deathbed scene is the climax of the play"
- 3. orgasm, climax, sexual climax, coming, consummation
- usage: the moment of most intense pleasure in sexual intercourse
- 4. climax, degree, level, stage, point
- usage: the most severe stage of a disease
- 5. climax, rhetorical device
- usage: arrangement of clauses in ascending order of forcefulness
- 1. culminate, climax, end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: end, especially to reach a final or climactic stage; "The meeting culminated in a tearful embrace"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of climax (Dictionary)