Synonyms of click
- 1. chink, click, clink, sound
- usage: a short light metallic sound
- 2. suction stop, click, stop consonant, stop, occlusive, plosive consonant, plosive speech sound, plosive
- usage: a stop consonant made by the suction of air into the mouth (as in Bantu)
- 3. pawl, detent, click, dog, catch, stop
- usage: a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward
- 4. click, mouse click, depression
- usage: depression of a button on a computer mouse; "a click on the right button for example"
- 1. snap, click, move
- usage: move or strike with a noise; "he clicked on the light"; "his arm was snapped forward"
- 2. click, tick, sound, go
- usage: make a clicking or ticking sound; "The clock ticked away"
- 3. chatter, click, sound, go
- usage: click repeatedly or uncontrollably; "Chattering teeth"
- 4. snap, click, flick, move
- usage: cause to make a snapping sound; "snap your fingers"
- 5. click, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: produce a click; "Xhosa speakers click"
- 6. cluck, click, clack, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: make a clucking sounds, characteristic of hens
- 7. click, get through, dawn, come home, get across, sink in, penetrate, fall into place
- usage: become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions; "It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"; "she was penetrated with sorrow"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of click (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.