WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cagey, cagy, canny, clever, smart (vs. stupid)
- usage: showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others; "a cagey lawyer"; "too clever to be sound"
- 2. apt, clever, intelligent (vs. unintelligent)
- usage: mentally quick and resourceful; "an apt pupil"; "you are a clever man...you reason well and your wit is bold"-Bram Stoker
- 3. clever, cunning, ingenious, adroit (vs. maladroit)
- usage: showing inventiveness and skill; "a clever gadget"; "the cunning maneuvers leading to his success"; "an ingenious solution to the problem"
All rights reserved.
See also: clever (Dictionary)