Synonyms of cleft
- 1. cleft, indentation, indenture
- usage: a split or indentation in something (as the palate or chin)
- 2. crack, cleft, crevice, fissure, scissure, opening, gap
- usage: a long narrow opening
- 1. cleave, split, rive, tear
- usage: separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument; "cleave the bone"
- 2. cleave, make, create
- usage: make by cutting into; "The water is going to cleave a channel into the rock"
- 3. cling, cleave, adhere, stick, cohere, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation; "The dress clings to her body"; "The label stuck to the box"; "The sushi rice grains cohere"
- 1. cleft, dissected, compound (vs. simple)
- usage: having one or more incisions reaching nearly to the midrib
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of cleft (Dictionary)