WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cleavage, state
- usage: the state of being split or cleft; "there was a cleavage between the liberal and conservative members"
- 2. cleavage, chemical process, chemical change, chemical action
- usage: the breaking of a chemical bond in a molecule resulting in smaller molecules
- 3. cleavage, segmentation, cell division, cellular division
- usage: (embryology) the repeated division of a fertilised ovum
- 4. cleavage, area, region
- usage: the line formed by a groove between two parts (especially the separation between a woman's breasts)
- 5. cleavage, division
- usage: the act of cleaving or splitting
All rights reserved.
See also: cleavage (Dictionary)