Synonyms of cleansing
- 1. cleaning, cleansing, cleanup, improvement
- usage: the act of making something clean; "he gave his shoes a good cleaning"
- 1. cleanse, clean, groom, neaten
- usage: clean one's body or parts thereof, as by washing; "clean up before you see your grandparents"; "clean your fingernails before dinner"
- 2. cleanse, rid, free, disembarrass
- usage: purge of an ideology, bad thoughts, or sins; "Purgatory is supposed to cleanse you from your sins"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ablutionary, cleansing, purifying (vs. adulterating)
- usage: cleansing the body by washing; especially ritual washing of e.g. hands; "ablutionary rituals"
- 2. cleansing, purifying, antiseptic (vs. septic)
- usage: acting like an antiseptic
All rights reserved.