Synonyms of cleaning
- 1. cleaning, cleansing, cleanup, improvement
- usage: the act of making something clean; "he gave his shoes a good cleaning"
- 1. clean, make clean, change, alter, modify
- usage: make clean by removing dirt, filth, or unwanted substances from; "Clean the stove!"; "The dentist cleaned my teeth"
- 2. clean, pick, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits; "Clean the turkey"
- 3. houseclean, clean house, clean, tidy, tidy up, clean up, neaten, straighten, straighten out, square away
- usage: clean and tidy up the house; "She housecleans every week"
- 4. cleanse, clean, groom, neaten
- usage: clean one's body or parts thereof, as by washing; "clean up before you see your grandparents"; "clean your fingernails before dinner"
- 5. clean, be
- usage: be cleanable; "This stove cleans easily"
- 6. clean, deprive, strip, divest
- usage: deprive wholly of money in a gambling game, robbery, etc.; "The other players cleaned him completely"
- 7. clean, strip, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove all contents or possession from, or empty completely; "The boys cleaned the sandwich platters"; "The trees were cleaned of apples by the storm"
- 8. clean, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove while making clean; "Clean the spots off the rug"
- 9. scavenge, clean, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove unwanted substances from
- 10. clean, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove shells or husks from; "clean grain before milling it"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of cleaning (Dictionary)