WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. categorization, categorisation, classification, compartmentalization, compartmentalisation, assortment, grouping
- usage: the act of distributing things into classes or categories of the same type
- 2. classification, categorization, categorisation, arrangement
- usage: a group of people or things arranged by class or category
- 3. classification, categorization, categorisation, sorting, basic cognitive process
- usage: the basic cognitive process of arranging into classes or categories
- 4. classification, restriction, confinement
- usage: restriction imposed by the government on documents or weapons that are available only to certain authorized people
All rights reserved.
See also: classification (Dictionary)