Synonyms of class
- 1. class, category, family, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection of things sharing a common attribute; "there are two classes of detergents"
- 2. class, form, grade, course, gathering, assemblage
- usage: a body of students who are taught together; "early morning classes are always sleepy"
- 3. class, stratum, social class, socio-economic class, people
- usage: people having the same social, economic, or educational status; "the working class"; "an emerging professional class"
- 4. course, course of study, course of instruction, class, education, instruction, teaching, pedagogy, didactics, educational activity
- usage: education imparted in a series of lessons or meetings; "he took a course in basket weaving"; "flirting is not unknown in college classes"
- 5. class, division, league, conference
- usage: a league ranked by quality; "he played baseball in class D for two years"; "Princeton is in the NCAA Division 1-AA"
- 6. class, year, gathering, assemblage
- usage: a body of students who graduate together; "the class of '97"; "she was in my year at Hoehandle High"
- 7. class, taxonomic group, taxonomic category, taxon
- usage: (biology) a taxonomic group containing one or more orders
- 8. class, elegance
- usage: elegance in dress or behavior; "she has a lot of class"
- 1. classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate, categorize, categorise
- usage: arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of class (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.