- 1. clam, bivalve, pelecypod, lamellibranch
- usage: burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud; the shell closes with viselike firmness
- 2. dollar, dollar bill, one dollar bill, buck, clam, bill, note, government note, bank bill, banker's bill, bank note, banknote, Federal Reserve note, greenback
- usage: a piece of paper money worth one dollar
- 3. clam, shellfish
- usage: flesh of either hard-shell or soft-shell clams
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clam, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: gather clams, by digging in the sand by the ocean
All rights reserved.
See also: clam (Dictionary)