WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. citation, commendation, award, accolade, honor, honour, laurels
- usage: an official award (as for bravery or service) usually given as formal public statement
- 2. citation, speech act
- usage: (law) the act of citing (as of spoken words or written passages or legal precedents etc.)
- 3. citation, cite, acknowledgment, credit, reference, mention, quotation, note, annotation, notation
- usage: a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage; "the student's essay failed to list several important citations"; "the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"; "the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
- 4. quotation, quote, citation, excerpt, excerption, extract, selection
- usage: a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
- 5. citation, summons, process
- usage: a summons that commands the appearance of a party at a proceeding
- 6. Citation
- usage: thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1948
All rights reserved.
See also: citation (Dictionary)