WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. circumstance, condition, status
- usage: a condition that accompanies or influences some event or activity
- 2. context, circumstance, setting, environment
- usage: the set of facts or circumstances that surround a situation or event; "the historical context"
- 3. circumstance, condition, consideration, information
- usage: information that should be kept in mind when making a decision; "another consideration is the time it would take"
- 4. circumstance, ceremony, ceremonial, ceremonial occasion, observance
- usage: formal ceremony about important occasions; "pomp and circumstance"
All rights reserved.
See also: circumstance (Dictionary)