WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. circulation, dissemination, airing, public exposure, spreading
- usage: the dissemination of copies of periodicals (as newspapers or magazines)
- 2. circulation, organic phenomenon
- usage: movement through a circuit; especially the movement of blood through the heart and blood vessels
- 3. circulation, count
- usage: (library science) the count of books that are loaned by a library over a specified period
- 4. circulation, count
- usage: number of copies of a newspaper or magazine that are sold; "by increasing its circulation the newspaper hoped to increase its advertising"
- 5. circulation, change of location, travel
- usage: free movement or passage (as of cytoplasm within a cell or sap through a plant); "ocean circulation is an important part of global climate"; "a fan aids air circulation"
- 6. circulation, spread, spreading
- usage: the spread or transmission of something (as news or money) to a wider group or area
All rights reserved.
See also: circulation (Dictionary)