- 1. churn, stir
- usage: stir (cream) vigorously in order to make butter
- 2. churn, boil, moil, roil, move
- usage: be agitated; "the sea was churning in the storm"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. churning, churned-up, agitated (vs. unagitated)
- usage: moving with or producing or produced by vigorous agitation; "winds whipped the piled leaves into churning masses"; "a car stuck in the churned-up mud"
- 2. churning, roiling, roiled, roily, turbulent, agitated (vs. unagitated)
- usage: (of a liquid) agitated vigorously; in a state of turbulence; "the river's roiling current"; "turbulent rapids"
All rights reserved.
See also: churning (Dictionary)