WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. irritability, crossness, fretfulness, fussiness, peevishness, petulance, choler, ill humor, ill humour, distemper
- usage: an irritable petulant feeling
- 2. anger, choler, ire, emotion
- usage: a strong emotion; a feeling that is oriented toward some real or supposed grievance
- 3. yellow bile, choler, liquid body substance, bodily fluid, body fluid, humor, humour
- usage: a humor that was once believed to be secreted by the liver and to cause irritability and anger
All rights reserved.
See also: choler (Dictionary)