WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cascara buckthorn, bearberry, bearwood, chittamwood, chittimwood, Rhamnus purshianus, buckthorn
- usage: shrubby tree of the Pacific coast of the United States; yields cascara sagrada
- 2. false buckthorn, chittamwood, chittimwood, shittimwood, black haw, Bumelia lanuginosa, buckthorn
- usage: deciduous tree of southeastern United States and Mexico
- 3. American smokewood, chittamwood, Cotinus americanus, Cotinus obovatus, smoke tree, smoke bush
- usage: shrubby tree of southern United States having large plumes of feathery flowers resembling puffs of smoke
All rights reserved.
See also: chittamwood (Dictionary)