Synonyms of chipping
- 1. chip, chipping, splintering, breakage, break, breaking
- usage: the act of chipping something
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chip, chip off, come off, break away, break off, separate, divide, part
- usage: break off (a piece from a whole); "Her tooth chipped"
- 2. nick, chip, cut
- usage: cut a nick into
- 3. chip, shoot
- usage: play a chip shot
- 4. chip, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form by chipping; "They chipped their names in the stone"
- 5. chip, knap, cut off, break off, cut
- usage: break a small piece off from; "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"
All rights reserved.