- 1. bit, chip, flake, fleck, scrap, fragment
- usage: a small fragment of something broken off from the whole; "a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
- 2. chip, float
- usage: a triangular wooden float attached to the end of a log line
- 3. chip, cow chip, cow dung, buffalo chip, droppings, dung, muck
- usage: a piece of dried bovine dung
- 4. chip, crisp, potato chip, Saratoga chip, snack food
- usage: a thin crisp slice of potato fried in deep fat
- 5. check, chip, blemish, defect, mar
- usage: a mark left after a small piece has been chopped or broken off of something
- 6. chip, poker chip, counter
- usage: a small disk-shaped counter used to represent money when gambling
- 7. chip, microchip, micro chip, silicon chip, microprocessor chip, semiconductor device, semiconductor unit, semiconductor
- usage: electronic equipment consisting of a small crystal of a silicon semiconductor fabricated to carry out a number of electronic functions in an integrated circuit
- 8. chip, chip shot, approach, approach shot
- usage: (golf) a low running approach shot
- 9. chip, chipping, splintering, breakage, break, breaking
- usage: the act of chipping something
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chip, chip off, come off, break away, break off, separate, divide, part
- usage: break off (a piece from a whole); "Her tooth chipped"
- 2. nick, chip, cut
- usage: cut a nick into
- 3. chip, shoot
- usage: play a chip shot
- 4. chip, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form by chipping; "They chipped their names in the stone"
- 5. chip, knap, cut off, break off, cut
- usage: break a small piece off from; "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"
All rights reserved.
See also: chip (Dictionary)