WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Ozark chinkapin, Ozark chinquapin, chinquapin, Castanea ozarkensis, chestnut, chestnut tree
- usage: shrubby tree closely related to the Allegheny chinkapin but with larger leaves; southern midwestern United States
- 2. Allegheny chinkapin, eastern chinquapin, chinquapin, dwarf chestnut, Castanea pumila, chestnut, chestnut tree
- usage: shrubby chestnut tree of southeastern United States having small edible nuts
- 3. chincapin, chinkapin, chinquapin, edible nut
- usage: small nut of either of two small chestnut trees of the southern United States; resembles a hazelnut
All rights reserved.
See also: chinquapin (Dictionary)