- 1. Chinese, Sinitic, Sinitic language
- usage: any of the Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in China; regarded as dialects of a single language (even though they are mutually unintelligible) because they share an ideographic writing system
- 2. Chinese, Asian, Asiatic
- usage: a native or inhabitant of Communist China or of Nationalist China
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Chinese
- usage: of or pertaining to China or its peoples or cultures; "Chinese food"
- 2. Taiwanese, Chinese, Formosan
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of the island republic on Taiwan or its residents or their language; "the Taiwanese capital is Taipeh"
All rights reserved.
See also: chinese (Dictionary)