- 1. cooling, chilling, temperature reduction, temperature change
- usage: the process of becoming cooler; a falling temperature
- 1. chill, depress, deject, cast down, get down, dismay, dispirit, demoralize, demoralise
- usage: depress or discourage; "The news of the city's surrender chilled the soldiers"
- 2. cool, chill, cool down, change, alter, modify
- usage: make cool or cooler; "Chill the food"
- 3. cool, chill, cool down, change state, turn
- usage: loose heat; "The air cooled considerably after the thunderstorm"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chilling, scarey, scary, shivery, shuddery, alarming (vs. unalarming)
- usage: provoking fear terror; "a scary movie"; "the most terrible and shuddery...tales of murder and revenge"
All rights reserved.
See also: chilling (Dictionary)