- 1. chicken, poulet, volaille, poultry
- usage: the flesh of a chicken used for food
- 2. chicken, Gallus gallus, domestic fowl, fowl, poultry
- usage: a domestic fowl bred for flesh or eggs; believed to have been developed from the red jungle fowl
- 3. wimp, chicken, crybaby, weakling, doormat, wuss
- usage: a person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy
- 4. chicken, contest, competition
- usage: a foolhardy competition; a dangerous activity that is continued until one competitor becomes afraid and stops
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chicken, chickenhearted, lily-livered, white-livered, yellow, yellow-bellied, cowardly (vs. brave), fearful
- usage: easily frightened
All rights reserved.
See also: chicken (Dictionary)