- 1. chestnut, wood
- usage: wood of any of various chestnut trees of the genus Castanea
- 2. chestnut, chestnut tree, tree
- usage: any of several attractive deciduous trees yellow-brown in autumn; yield a hard wood and edible nuts in a prickly bur
- 3. chestnut, edible nut
- usage: edible nut of any of various chestnut trees of the genus Castanea
- 4. chestnut, brown, brownness
- usage: the brown color of chestnuts
- 5. chestnut, callus
- usage: a small horny callus on the inner surface of a horse's leg
- 6. chestnut, horse, Equus caballus
- usage: a dark golden-brown or reddish-brown horse
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chestnut, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: (of hair or feathers) of a golden brown to reddish brown color; "a chestnut horse"; "chestnut hair"
All rights reserved.
See also: chestnut (Dictionary)