- 1. check, checker, chequer, draw
- usage: mark into squares or draw squares on; draw crossed lines on
- 2. checker, chequer, vary, variegate, motley
- usage: variegate with different colors, shades, or patterns
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. checked, checkered, chequered, patterned (vs. plain)
- usage: patterned with alternating squares of color
- 2. checkered, changeable (vs. unchangeable), changeful
- usage: marked by changeable fortune; "a checkered business career"
All rights reserved.
See also: checkered (Dictionary)