Synonyms of cheating
- 1. cheat, cheating, deception, deceit, dissembling, dissimulation
- usage: a deception for profit to yourself
- 1. cheat, rip off, chisel, victimize, victimise
- usage: deprive somebody of something by deceit; "The con-man beat me out of $50"; "This salesman ripped us off!"; "we were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme"; "They chiseled me out of my money"
- 2. cheat, chouse, shaft, screw, chicane, jockey, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: defeat someone through trickery or deceit
- 3. cheat, chisel, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: engage in deceitful behavior; practice trickery or fraud; "Who's chiseling on the side?"
- 4. cheat on, cheat, cuckold, betray, wander, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage; "She cheats on her husband"; "Might her husband be wandering?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adulterous, cheating(prenominal), two-timing(prenominal), unfaithful (vs. faithful)
- usage: not faithful to a spouse or lover; "adulterous husbands and wives"; "a two-timing boyfriend"
- 2. cheating(prenominal), dirty, foul, unsporting, unsportsmanlike, unfair (vs. fair), unjust
- usage: violating accepted standards or rules; "a dirty fighter"; "used foul means to gain power"; "a nasty unsporting serve"; "fined for unsportsmanlike behavior"
All rights reserved.