Synonyms of charter
- 1. charter, document, written document, papers
- usage: a document incorporating an institution and specifying its rights; includes the articles of incorporation and the certificate of incorporation
- 2. charter, contract
- usage: a contract to hire or lease transportation
- 1. rent, hire, charter, lease, contract, undertake
- usage: hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
- 2. charter, license, licence, certify
- usage: grant a charter to
- 3. lease, rent, hire, charter, engage, take, get, acquire
- usage: engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of charter (Dictionary)