- 1. feature, characteristic, property, attribute, dimension
- usage: a prominent attribute or aspect of something; "the map showed roads and other features"; "generosity is one of his best characteristics"
- 2. characteristic, quality
- usage: a distinguishing quality
- 3. characteristic, integer, whole number
- usage: the integer part (positive or negative) of the representation of a logarithm; in the expression log 643 = 2.808 the characteristic is 2
- 4. characteristic, device characteristic, property
- usage: any measurable property of a device measured under closely specified conditions
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. characteristic (vs. uncharacteristic), diagnostic, symptomatic, distinctive, typical, peculiar(prenominal), typical
- usage: typical or distinctive; "heard my friend's characteristic laugh"; "red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn"; "stripes characteristic of the zebra"
All rights reserved.
See also: characteristic (Dictionary)