- 1. char, carbon, C, atomic number 6
- usage: a charred substance
- 2. charwoman, char, cleaning woman, cleaning lady, woman, cleaner
- usage: a human female employed to do housework; "the char will clean the carpet"; "I have a woman who comes in four hours a day while I write"
- 3. char, charr, salmonid
- usage: any of several small trout-like fish of the genus Salvelinus
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. char, coal, burn, combust
- usage: burn to charcoal; "Without a drenching rain, the forest fire will char everything"
- 2. char, blacken, sear, scorch, burn
- usage: burn slightly and superficially so as to affect color; "The cook blackened the chicken breast"; "The fire charred the ceiling above the mantelpiece"; "the flames scorched the ceiling"
All rights reserved.
See also: char (Dictionary)