WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chapter, section, subdivision
- usage: a subdivision of a written work; usually numbered and titled; "he read a chapter every night before falling asleep"
- 2. chapter, phase, stage
- usage: any distinct period in history or in a person's life; "the industrial revolution opened a new chapter in British history"; "the divorce was an ugly chapter in their relationship"
- 3. chapter, club, social club, society, guild, gild, lodge, order
- usage: a local branch of some fraternity or association; "he joined the Atlanta chapter"
- 4. chapter, assembly
- usage: an ecclesiastical assembly of the monks in a monastery or even of the canons of a church
- 5. chapter, episode
- usage: a series of related events forming an episode; "a chapter of disasters"
All rights reserved.
See also: chapter (Dictionary)