Synonyms of chanted
- 1. chant, intone, intonate, cantillate, sing
- usage: recite with musical intonation; recite as a chant or a psalm; "The rabbi chanted a prayer"
- 2. tone, chant, intone, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: utter monotonously and repetitively and rhythmically; "The students chanted the same slogan over and over again"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chanted, musical (vs. unmusical)
- usage: sung or uttered rhythmically in a monotone; "a chanted psalm"
All rights reserved.