Synonyms of chant
- 1. chant, religious song
- usage: a repetitive song in which as many syllables as necessary are assigned to a single tone
- 1. chant, intone, intonate, cantillate, sing
- usage: recite with musical intonation; recite as a chant or a psalm; "The rabbi chanted a prayer"
- 2. tone, chant, intone, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: utter monotonously and repetitively and rhythmically; "The students chanted the same slogan over and over again"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of chant (Dictionary)