Synonyms of channel
- 1. channel, transmission channel, transmission
- usage: a path over which electrical signals can pass; "a channel is typically what you rent from a telephone company"
- 2. channel, passage
- usage: a passage for water (or other fluids) to flow through; "the fields were crossed with irrigation channels"; "gutters carried off the rainwater into a series of channels under the street"
- 3. groove, channel, depression, impression, imprint
- usage: a long narrow furrow cut either by a natural process (such as erosion) or by a tool (as e.g. a groove in a phonograph record)
- 4. channel, body of water, water
- usage: a deep and relatively narrow body of water (as in a river or a harbor or a strait linking two larger bodies) that allows the best passage for vessels; "the ship went aground in the channel"
- 5. channel, communication channel, line, communication, communicating
- usage: (often plural) a means of communication or access; "it must go through official channels"; "lines of communication were set up between the two firms"
- 6. duct, epithelial duct, canal, channel, passage, passageway
- usage: a bodily passage or tube lined with epithelial cells and conveying a secretion or other substance; "the tear duct was obstructed"; "the alimentary canal"; "poison is released through a channel in the snake's fangs"
- 7. channel, television channel, TV channel, television station, TV station
- usage: a television station and its programs; "a satellite TV channel"; "surfing through the channels"; "they offer more than one hundred channels"
- 8. distribution channel, channel, marketing
- usage: a way of selling a company's product either directly or via distributors; "possible distribution channels are wholesalers or small retailers or retail chains or direct mailers or your own stores"
- 1. impart, conduct, transmit, convey, carry, channel, bring, convey, take
- usage: transmit or serve as the medium for transmission; "Sound carries well over water"; "The airwaves carry the sound"; "Many metals conduct heat"
- 2. channel, canalize, canalise, steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise
- usage: direct the flow of; "channel information towards a broad audience"
- 3. transmit, transfer, transport, channel, channelize, channelise, move, displace
- usage: send from one person or place to another; "transmit a message"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of channel (Dictionary)