WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. championship, title, high status
- usage: the status of being a champion; "he held the title for two years"
- 2. championship, contest, competition
- usage: a competition at which a champion is chosen
- 3. backing, backup, championship, patronage, blessing, approval, approving
- usage: the act of providing approval and support; "his vigorous backing of the conservatives got him in trouble with progressives"
All rights reserved.
See also: championship (Dictionary)