Synonyms of chain
- 1. chain, concatenation, series
- usage: a series of things depending on each other as if linked together; "the chain of command"; "a complicated concatenation of circumstances"
- 2. chain, chemical chain, unit, building block
- usage: (chemistry) a series of linked atoms (generally in an organic molecule)
- 3. chain, ligament
- usage: a series of (usually metal) rings or links fitted into one another to make a flexible ligament
- 4. chain, business, concern, business concern, business organization, business organisation
- usage: (business) a number of similar establishments (stores or restaurants or banks or hotels or theaters) under one ownership
- 5. chain, restraint, constraint
- usage: anything that acts as a restraint
- 6. chain, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a unit of length
- 7. Chain, Ernst Boris Chain, Sir Ernst Boris Chain
- usage: British biochemist (born in Germany) who isolated and purified penicillin, which had been discovered in 1928 by Sir Alexander Fleming (1906-1979)
- 8. range, mountain range, range of mountains, chain, mountain chain, chain of mountains, geological formation, formation
- usage: a series of hills or mountains; "the valley was between two ranges of hills"; "the plains lay just beyond the mountain range"
- 9. chain, necklace
- usage: a linked or connected series of objects; "a chain of daisies"
- 10. chain, string, strand, necklace
- usage: a necklace made by a stringing objects together; "a string of beads"; "a strand of pearls";
- 1. chain, arrange, set up
- usage: connect or arrange into a chain by linking
- 2. chain, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten or secure with chains; "Chain the chairs together"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of chain (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.