WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. attest, certify, manifest, demonstrate, evidence, testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show
- usage: provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes; "His high fever attested to his illness"; "The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"; "This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
- 2. certify, secure
- usage: guarantee payment on; of checks
- 3. license, licence, certify, authorize, authorise, pass, clear
- usage: authorize officially; "I am licensed to practice law in this state"
- 4. certify, endorse, indorse, guarantee, warrant
- usage: guarantee as meeting a certain standard; "certified grade AAA meat"
- 5. certify, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: declare legally insane
All rights reserved.
See also: certify (Dictionary)