- 1. focus, focusing, focussing, focal point, direction, centering, concentration, engrossment, absorption, immersion
- usage: the concentration of attention or energy on something; "the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"; "he had no direction in his life"
- 2. centering, snap, pass, toss, flip
- usage: (American football) putting the ball in play by passing it (between the legs) to a back; "the quarterback fumbled the snap"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. focus on, center on, revolve around, revolve about, concentrate on, center, refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: center upon; "Her entire attention centered on her children"; "Our day revolved around our work"
- 2. concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: direct one's attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
- 3. center, centre, move, displace
- usage: move into the center; "That vase in the picture is not centered"
All rights reserved.
See also: centering (Dictionary)