Synonyms of celebrated
- 1. observe, celebrate, keep
- usage: behave as expected during of holidays or rites; "Keep the commandments"; "celebrate Christmas"; "Observe Yom Kippur"
- 2. celebrate, fete, meet, get together
- usage: have a celebration; "They were feting the patriarch of the family"; "After the exam, the students were celebrating"
- 3. lionize, lionise, celebrate, respect, honor, honour, abide by, observe
- usage: assign great social importance to; "The film director was celebrated all over Hollywood"; "The tenor was lionized in Vienna"
- 1. celebrated, famed, far-famed, famous, illustrious, notable, noted, renowned, known (vs. unknown)
- usage: widely known and esteemed; "a famous actor"; "a celebrated musician"; "a famed scientist"; "an illustrious judge"; "a notable historian"; "a renowned painter"
- 2. celebrated, historied, storied, glorious (vs. inglorious)
- usage: having an illustrious past
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of celebrated (Dictionary)