WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ceiling, upper surface
- usage: the overhead upper surface of a covered space; "he hated painting the ceiling"
- 2. ceiling, altitude, height
- usage: (meteorology) altitude of the lowest layer of clouds
- 3. ceiling, roof, cap, control
- usage: an upper limit on what is allowed; "he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"; "there was a roof on salaries"; "they established a cap for prices"
- 4. ceiling, altitude, height
- usage: maximum altitude at which a plane can fly (under specified conditions)
All rights reserved.
See also: ceiling (Dictionary)