- 1. cease, end, ending
- usage: (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') end
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. discontinue, stop, cease, give up, quit, lay off
- usage: put an end to a state or an activity; "Quit teasing your little brother"
- 2. end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
All rights reserved.
See also: cease (Dictionary)