WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cayenne, cayenne pepper, chili pepper, chilli pepper, long pepper, jalapeno, Capsicum annuum longum, capsicum, pepper, capsicum pepper plant
- usage: plant bearing very hot and finely tapering long peppers; usually red
- 2. cayenne, cayenne pepper, red pepper, flavorer, flavourer, flavoring, flavouring, seasoner, seasoning
- usage: ground pods and seeds of pungent red peppers of the genus Capsicum
- 3. cayenne, cayenne pepper, chili, chili pepper, chilli, chilly, chile
- usage: a long and often twisted hot red pepper
All rights reserved.
See also: cayenne (Dictionary)