WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pit, cavity, hole, hollow
- usage: a sizeable hole (usually in the ground); "they dug a pit to bury the body"
- 2. cavity, enclosed space, space
- usage: space that is surrounded by something
- 3. cavity, caries, dental caries, tooth decay, decay
- usage: soft decayed area in a tooth; progressive decay can lead to the death of a tooth
- 4. cavity, bodily cavity, cavum, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: (anatomy) a natural hollow or sinus within the body
All rights reserved.
See also: cavity (Dictionary)