- 1. purgative, cathartic, physic, aperient, medicine, medication, medicament, medicinal drug
- usage: a purging medicine; stimulates evacuation of the bowels
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cathartic, psychotherapeutic, healthful (vs. unhealthful)
- usage: emotionally purging
- 2. cathartic, releasing, emotional (vs. unemotional)
- usage: emotionally purging (of e.g. art)
- 3. cathartic, evacuant, purgative, laxative (vs. costive)
- usage: strongly laxative
All rights reserved.
See also: cathartic (Dictionary)