WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. catfish, mudcat, freshwater fish
- usage: flesh of scaleless food fish of the southern United States; often farmed
- 2. wolffish, wolf fish, catfish, blennioid fish, blennioid
- usage: large ferocious northern deep-sea food fishes with strong teeth and no pelvic fins
- 3. catfish, siluriform fish, soft-finned fish, malacopterygian
- usage: any of numerous mostly freshwater bottom-living fishes of Eurasia and North America with barbels like whiskers around the mouth
All rights reserved.
See also: catfish (Dictionary)