- 1. slingshot, sling, catapult, plaything, toy
- usage: a plaything consisting of a Y-shaped stick with elastic between the arms; used to propel small stones
- 2. catapult, launcher, device
- usage: a device that launches aircraft from a warship
- 3. catapult, arbalest, arbalist, ballista, bricole, mangonel, onager, trebuchet, trebucket, engine
- usage: an engine that provided medieval artillery used during sieges; a heavy war engine for hurling large stones and other missiles
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. catapult, propel, impel
- usage: shoot forth or launch, as if from a catapult; "the enemy catapulted rocks towards the fort"
- 2. sling, catapult, hurl, hurtle, cast
- usage: hurl as if with a sling
All rights reserved.
See also: catapult (Dictionary)